Who we are
We are a general management consultant firm focussed on ensuring our clients and partner organisations gain the benefit of a structured, tailored, and evidence-based approach to solving complex business problems.
We work hard to understand our client businesses, ensuring that a level of rigour is applied to development of evidence used to make decisions. We recruit for diversity of skills, experiences, and approaches, but always look for “pragmatic DNA” in our candidates.
The SPP Way
SPP has developed and refined an approach to delivering client focussed consulting projects with the aim of delivering lasting impact.
We apply the following principles to our approach:
- Working in a consistent and rigorous manner across projects
- Seeking “less consultant more client”- ensuring projects are focussed on your issues and questions, and tailoring our expertise to suit
- Delivering on a promise to provide more hands-on Partner and Subject Matter Expert time in projects, and “on content”
- Being flexible and nimble, taking comfort that by providing structure we can adjust through a project as needs might change
- Creating a lasting partnership from strategy to delivery of change
Our approach is applied to projects so that both the outcome, and the approach to getting there, are consistent across projects. This provides clients with a greater degree of comfort, trust, and knowledge that a strong evidence base underpins their major decisions.
SPP was founded in 2005 by our Managing Partner Phil Noble with three key principles in mind:
- There is an ongoing need for excellent strategic advice in a world where the velocity of change and complexity is increasing
- A well developed, firm-based approach to supporting clients, with a strong appreciation of the need to be cost-conscious can differentiate
- That clients are increasingly likely to seek pragmatic outcomes from consulting work and seek true partners in delivery
The SPP team has built on this platform over the past 10 years, winning project work across a wide variety of sectors. SPP has developed a strong pedigree in government and education sector work under the leadership of our Partner Ben Apted. We have also delivered major outcomes for our commercial and not-for-profit clients including major transformations where SPP has played both a strategic and implementation role.
The firm has grown from a small 4 person operation to a 30 plus, mid-sized firm offering top-tier capabilities.
Key milestones during that journey have included a move into a stronger implementation role on ICT and Digital projects, as well as the completion of a major international program of work in partnership with a domestic client. Having opened an office in 2014 in Sydney, SPP seeks to put a greater emphasis into our Sydney based presence with David Mackay leading the charge.
Our ambitions are to grow considerably in the future, always underpinned by our pragmatic, high quality consulting DNA. We look forward to working closely with our partners on this journey.
If you are interested in hearing from an emerging firm that seeks to provide customer-focussed solutions grounded in your business, please reach out to us.