careers @ SPP
What we do
We help Senior Executives and General Managers to find solutions to complex strategic and operational challenges.
We generate Insight
Creating a deeper understanding of the client’s business and/or challenge, by:
- Presenting opinions backed up with facts
- Bringing ideas and industry insights to clients
- Regularly revisiting the key question
- Advancing the answer
- Being efficient at all times in the approach to delivery
- Presenting information, not just data
We Influence outcomes
We create momentum for change by:
- Involving stakeholder & gaining their buy-in to the work
- Listening actively & appreciating
- Staying “on point”, re-clarifying & advancing client’s points of view
- Offering helpful suggestions
- Not being contrary, or disagreeing too quickly
- Understanding our role when interacting with the client
- Not “taking the glory” or credit, but sharing in our client’s success
We deliver lasting Impact
Instigating or enacting the change by:
- Making recommendations that hit the bottom line (social, environmental, political, people & financial)
- Providing solutions that are appropriate for the client organisation’s capability and capacity
- Setting a project up to succeed and staying involved through to execution
- Using plain English
- Communicating ideas & recommendations from our client’s context or perspective
The SPP values of insight, influence and impact don’t just apply to our clients, but also to our team.
As well as delivering insight for our clients, you will gain deep insight not only into the industries and clients we work with, the tools and methodologies we deploy, and the approach we take to solve problems, but you will also gain insight into your own personal strengths, motivations and abilities.
Our clients, and your colleagues will have a lasting influence on your view of the world, the challenges faced by business, charities and the public sector – and the solutions that can be brought to bear.
Your experiences at SPP will have a lasting impact on your personal and professional development, personal and professional networks, your work ethic, and your career.
At SPP, you will be part of a team whose work has a lasting impact on its clients and the communities in which they operate.
SPP role descriptions
The types of roles that we recruit for on a “as needs basis” include Associate, Consultant, Senior Consultant, Manager, Project Leader, Subject Matter Expert and Senior Advisor.
An overview of each role and a brief description of what we look for is provided below:
- Associate – typically someone early in their career, may have just graduated from an undergraduate in a relevant discipline or have 3 years of experience
- Consultant/ Senior Consultant – typically someone who has a 5+ years of direct consulting experience or may have graduated with an MBA
- Project Leader / Manager- typically someone who has 7+ years of experience in consulting
- Subject Matter Expert- typically these roles are recruited on a short-term contract basis for projects that require specific skill-sets
- Senior Advisor – typically someone who has deep knowledge & long term experience in specific areas, recruited on a full time, part time or contract basis
Depending on the business needs at the time, we recruit for the above roles on a full time, part time and contract basis. If the above roles sound of interest to you, please register your interest below.
- The opportunity to work with a growing, entrepreneurial business
- The chance to work with a strong team of capable and interesting people
- Interesting and challenging projects across a diverse range of sectors
You will be working hard, but in return you will be constantly learning, facing new challenges, and growing.
You’ll assume roles that continually challenge you with increasing responsibility and exposure as you develop personally and professionally. We advance people on merit as they develop and demonstrate their ability to deliver insight, influence and impact.
"Consulting provides people with a fantastic opportunity to learn, develop, and make a difference. SPP welcomes and encourages job applications from talented individuals who enjoy problem solving, and seek to work in a dynamic environment on a diverse range of projects."
Phil Noble - Founder & Managing Partner