SPORTS, MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
Australia has a rich history of producing sports, media and entertainment talent. Australian artists, performers, entertainers and athletes have regularly made their mark on the international stage and we are privileged to host some iconic infrastructure and events in sports and entertainment.
Strong capabilities off-field and off-stage are essential for sustaining this success. Successful sport, media and entertainment businesses require the management of diverse challenges in order to deliver a first class entertainment experience for a highly passionate and discerning audience. Few industries need to manage such a broad range of challenges with such a visible profile.
SPP has worked with organisations on a diverse range of Sports, Media and Entertainment projects to deliver sustainable success, including:
- Strategy development
- Benchmarking and identifying areas for improvement in business performance
- Facilities and capital works planning
- Customer, fan and community engagement and experience
- Assessing new growth opportunities, developing new partnerships, business and services models, and business plans
- Improving ticket yields, merchandise and retail sales, and corporate hospitality returns
- Developing cost reduction programs and major process re-engineering
Sports, Media & Entertainment Practice Lead
David leads the SPP Sport, Media & Entertainment practice. David has particular interests in financial sustainability, value proposition development, and integrity management within the Sports, Media and Entertainment sectors. Leveraging his technology background, David assists organisations to deliver stronger commercial outcomes in an increasingly digitally-driven world. David has advised National and State Sporting Organisations, arts and cultural centres, broadcast media, and private commercial entertainment providers on strategy, commercial performance improvement, capital works planning, and partnering and fundraising strategies.